Free support and training!
UD OLLI Online classes take place via the Zoom videoconferencing platform, which is provided free to OLLI participants.
Upon registering for online classes, both new and returning OLLI Online participants receive information about free Zoom training so that they will be comfortable when participating in online classes and activities. If you haven’t received Zoom training information, please email OLLIfirstname.lastname@example.org.
- Questions about Zoom training? Please email OLLIemail@example.com.
- Instructor training sessions covering advanced Zoom functions will be offered separately; instructors should watch their inboxes for their invitations to those custom sessions.
Best practices for using Zoom
- Find a quiet well-lit room
- Turn on your devices and make sure you are connected to the Internet before joining meeting
- Class sessions are open 15 minutes before class starts
- Join early to make sure everything is working
- Mute when not speaking
- Background noise can be disruptive
- Do not use multiple devices to Zoom in the same area
- Turn off video if you are not attentive or there are distractions (pets, etc.)
- Remember: When the video is on, everyone can see you.
- Keep all the links and passwords for your classes organized and readily accessible.
- This makes getting into your class easier and reentering your class quicker if you get bumped off.
- Current class schedule links are sent out at the beginning of the week via email.
- Use PC, Mac, laptop or tablet if possible.
- Smartphones may not provide the best experience.
- Test audio and video ahead of time, one option is: https://zoom.us/test
- LEARN MORE — Technology FAQs
If you have any questions regarding UD OLLI Online, please email OLLIfirstname.lastname@example.org.
BACK TO TOP