OLLI Summer 2021 In-Person Participation Guidelines
Daily requirements for outdoor, in-person class participation:
- Complete UD’s online coronavirus screening webform prior to attending class each day —
- Maintain 3-feet physical distancing from others.
- Bring and use a face covering if 3-feet social distancing cannot be maintained.
- These requirements follow UD’s updated guidelines (effective June 2021) for outdoor activities. For the full UD guidelines, visit https://www.udel.edu/home/coronavirus/.
Detailed outdoor/in-person participation guidelines — OLLI Summer 2021
We’re thrilled to offer a limited number of small, in-person classes this summer, all scheduled to take place at outdoor locations in Kent, Sussex and New Castle Counties. Our participation guidelines are focused on supporting our twin priorities of reinstating in-person participation while ensuring the health and safety of the OLLI community.
The UD OLLI in-person participation guidelines are based on protocols set by the University of Delaware Provost’s Office in cooperation with the UD Healthcare Advisory Committee.
Prospective OLLI attendees must agree to adhere to the following guidelines in order to participate in OLLI’s in-person offerings this summer.
- UD Daily Health Check online survey — All OLLI attendees, volunteers and staff attendees must complete UD’s online “UD Daily Health Check” webform on each day of class attendance, and may be requested to provide proof of completion before admittance to the on-site program.
- Social distancing (3 feet) — All OLLI attendees, volunteers and staff must follow 3-feet social distancing while on site. No physical contact should be made among any OLLI students, instructors, volunteers or staff.
- Face coverings — If 3-feet social distancing cannot be maintained during outdoor in-person classes, OLLI attendees, volunteers and staff are expected to wear face coverings, except while inside their personal vehicle. Disposable masks will be provided if an attendee has forgotten to bring a mask.
- COVID-19 vaccination (RECOMMENDED FOR OLLI SUMMER) — OLLI and the University of Delaware strongly encourage all OLLI participants, volunteers and staff to have received COVID-19 vaccination.
- VACCINATION REQUIRED FOR FALL 2021 IN-PERSON CLASSES — Please note that while COVID-19 vaccination is recommended for participation in OLLI Summer Session, it will be required for OLLI Fall 2021 participation in compliance with UD guidelines for all fall in-person programs. Medical and religious exemptions will be permitted. Please visit the Fall 2021 Vaccination Requirement FAQ for details.
- Outdoor-only programs — All summer in-person classes take place 100% outdoors. There will be no access to UD campus buildings for classes held at UD locations.
- Arsht Hall remains closed — For classes occurring on UD’s Wilmington Campus, Arsht Hall itself will not be open or available to class participants or staff. Outdoor handicap-accessible portable lavatory facilities will be provided. All activities take place outdoors.
- Course sites will be open to registered course participants only, during their scheduled course sessions. Non-registered visitors, or course participants whose class is not in session, cannot be admitted to the sites.
- Health and safety — OLLI staff and volunteers will monitor and assist with health and safety protocols.
- Hand sanitizer will be made available at each activity.
- OLLI course participants, instructors and volunteers may be requested to assist with routine cleaning procedures with OLLI-supplied disinfectant wipes before or after use of tables and chairs for their class.
- Registrants may bring their own seating and equipment appropriate for their activity. Use of personal equipment must comply with social distancing by relying on distance markings on the grass or patio surface.
- Special programs
- Non-UD locations — Activities at off-site locations must meet the partner organization’s requirements or UD OLLI protocols. Details will be provided.
- COVID-19 symptoms or illness
- OLLI participants, volunteers and staff are requested to remain at home if they are experiencing any common COVID-19 symptoms.
- Any in-person participant who receives a positive COVID test result within 14 days of participation will notify the OLLI Manager indicating the type of COVID-19 test, date tested and a list of in-person OLLI activities attended and the dates of each. The OLLI Manager will submit the information and the participant’s contact information to UD, or will submit UD’s contact tracing webform on behalf of the participant.
- Compliance is a requirement of participation — Registrants who do not adhere to the policies as agreed will not be permitted to participate in the activities and programs on campus. Registration in any OLLI summer 2021 activities may be suspended following lack of adherence to policies.
- Cancellations or format changes
- In the event of insufficient availability of OLLI staff or volunteers to assist with program supervision, affected events may be canceled.
- Course offerings and course format are subject to change.
- Protocols and guidelines may be subject to change if University of Delaware or state health recommendations change.