Effective June 5 — Vaccines strongly recommended
The University of Delaware and the OLLI program are committed to hosting in-person programs in a safe, healthy environment. In light of the expiration of state and federal public health emergencies, UD has updated its COVID-19 policies effective June 5. For full details on UD’s updated guidelines, visit UD’s Coronavirus information webpage.
- Vaccine, plus boosters, strongly recommended — While OLLI participants are no longer required to provide proof of full vaccination in order to attend in-person classes, UD and OLLI strongly recommend that all OLLI members, volunteers, visitors and staff remain up-to-date with COVID-19 vaccination as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Masks optional — Mask-wearing is no longer required on site; however, members are encouraged to continue wearing masks at their discretion. Masks are available at all OLLI locations.
- Class-specific circumstances — In a very small number of individual OLLI classes, and subject to OLLI staff prior approval, instructors may request continued health or safety precautions, such as mask-wearing. Participants in those classes are asked to comply in the spirit of respect and cooperation.
- COVID-19 symptoms or illness — OLLI participants, volunteers and staff are requested to remain at home if they feel ill, or are experiencing any common COVID-19 symptoms.
- In the event of a positive test result — Any in-person participant who receives a positive COVID-19 test result within 48 hours of attending an in-person OLLI event or class is requested to notify the OLLI office as soon as possible, indicating the type of COVID-19 test, date tested and a list of in-person OLLI activities attended and the dates of each.
- Returning to class after illness — In accordance with current guidance from the CDC and the Delaware Division of Public Health, individuals who test positive for COVID-19 are requested to isolate for five full days, plus wear a mask for five additional days. For current details visit UD’s COVID-19 information website.
Additional health and safety considerations
The UD OLLI in-person participation guidelines are based on protocols set by the University of Delaware Provost’s Office in cooperation with the UD Healthcare Advisory Committee. Our participation guidelines are focused on supporting our twin priorities of facilitating in-person participation while ensuring the health and safety of the OLLI community.
Guidelines are subject to change in accordance with current UD health guidelines.
- Ongoing health and safety — OLLI sites will continue to make masks as well as hand sanitizer available on-site.
- Non-UD locations— Participants in activities at off-site locations must meet the partner organization’s requirements or protocols.
- Compliance is a requirement of participation— Registrants, visitors, volunteers or instructors who do not adhere to the policies as agreed will not be permitted to participate in the activities and programs on campus.
- Cancellations or format changes — Course offerings and course format are subject to change. Protocols and guidelines are subject to change if University of Delaware or state health recommendations change.
- For all current details, please refer to UD’s COVID-19 information website.