Osher Lifelong Learning Institute

OLLI Dover instructor feature—Liisa Trala

“When you hear the word ‘school’ or ‘classes,’ maybe your mind immediately thinks of writing essays or taking exams. Well, mine did, but that’s not the case at OLLI. Learning is fun, exciting and completely test-free. Another great perk is the new friendships I’ve made.”

“My experience with the OLLI program started when a friend invited me to sit in on a class. I did, and was graciously welcomed as a visitor. When the next semester’s catalog came out, I was amazed at the wide range of classes available. I signed up, and have been a part of Osher Lifelong Learning since then.”

“I’ve had the pleasure of being an oil painting instructor at OLLI. It’s so great to share my love and enthusiasm for oils with other members. I love seeing them grow and develop that ‘sparkle’ in their eyes. What a great experience.”

“I hope if you are 50+ years old you will give OLLI a try. The enjoyment, fun and excitement of being an OLLI member is boundless. Besides attending classes of your choice, there are trips, special events, and numerous activities that you can be a part of. There is fun around every corner.”

Liisa Trala of Townsend, Del., has been member of the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) at the University of Delaware since 2012. Initially signing up for art classes, she later began sharing her knowledge as an art instructor, serving on the OLLI council, teaching art and serving on the member relations committee.