Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) at the University of Delaware is an academic cooperative for adults 50 and over to enjoy classes, teach, exchange ideas and travel together. Instructors teach subjects they love to students who are there for the love of learning!
OLLI membership is open to men and women 50 years of age or older and to members’ spouses or partners at any age. The only requirements are a modest membership fee and an interest in learning.
Members join OLLI for one or two semesters at a time, and then register for as many courses as they like.
- Summer 2019 — $60
- Fall 2019 — $175
- Fall 2019-Spring 2020 — $260 (fall-spring combined membership is available to purchase in the fall only)
- Partial scholarships available.
Benefits of membership
- Intellectual, cultural and social interaction in a vibrant member-governed organization
- Lifelong learning courses—Register for as many classes as you like in the Lewes/Ocean View or Dover programs
- Extracurricular activities & trips—Participating in OLLI-Lewes sponsored trips and activities
- UD email & Internet—On-site wireless Internet access, on-site use of computers
- Online, computer related-resources—Student rate on software, access to Google Apps account
- UD, Delaware Tech resources—Use of libraries and online resources
- UD course audit privilege—Auditing one UD credit course per semester
- Student discounts at various venues/retailers
How membership works
By paying the registration fee, members join the whole program, which includes signing up for classes and participating in other activities.
- Participate at all Kent/Sussex OLLI programs—Join either the OLLI Dover or the OLLI Lewes/Ocean View program as your primary location, and then sign up for as many classes as you like regardless of location (Dover, Lewes, Ocean View or off-site).
- Members join by paying the program’s membership fee for the full year or the current semester.
- Full year memberships begin with fall registration and expire on September 1 of the following year. Full year memberships include fall and spring semesters.
- Single semester memberships begin upon registration for the fall or spring semester and expire on the first day of the subsequent semester.
- The program’s income depends almost entirely on registration fees, which are applied against operating expenses, including rent for our classroom and program facilities and the cost of catalog printing and postage. Osher Lifelong Learning in Dover is expected to generate sufficient membership revenue to cover operating costs.
- Some of these benefits require either a UD ID card (small fee) or a UDelNet ID (@udel.edu email account), which are available to all full-year members.